Jasmine Star Workshop in Orange County | Vancouver Wedding Photographer

I have been reading Jasmine Star’s blog for the past year and have always been a huge fan.  When I heard she was going to be doing a Workshop, I couldn’t wait to sign up!  Unfortunately, I was too slow and it was sold out in 20 minutes!   When the notice for her 3rd Workshop was released, I immediately signed up…lucky for me, I got a spot!  I made some new friendships with some pretty rock star photographers!  We had a ton of fun and look forward to keeping in touch with all of them.

I think it is so important to take workshops and I try to take at least one a year.  They help you push yourself and keep your business fresh.

It was a jam packed day full of branding information and a live shoot with one of Jasmine’s previous clients.  Vern & Melinda knocked it out of the park!  They looked fantastic and were absolutely at ease in front of the camera.

Vern & Melinda

vern & melinda grass fav

vern grass color

melinda grass

Vern & Melinda tunnel moment

Vern & Melinda hugging

The lovely flowers were done by Carissa from JL Designs

flowers

melinda tunnel fav

Melinda’s Monique Lhuillier wedding dress was gorgeous!!

melinda tunnel bw fav

melinda & vern tunnel fav bw

Vern & Melinda individual

twirling trio

Vivian Tran from All Made-Up did a fantastic job on Melinda’s makeup!

vivian tran

melinda tunnel fav 2

melinda & vern tunnel

Thanks Jasmine for an ultra fabulous day!!  Thanks for JD for providing me with gluten-free goodies all day!

• Eeeeeek. I'm so jealous! I love J*!! And these shots are a terrific. Way to go!

• meegan said:

girl! i love your take on this shoot.. its got such a different feel then mine and others ive seen so far! i love how that can happen! your awesome and im so glad to have gotten to know you some!

• Erica M said:

I second Meegan! Isn't it amazing that 20 people can all be on one shoot and get 20 incredibly different amazing products!!! It was such a pleasure to get to know you!

• Andrea said:

Okay...ummm- you totally ROCK! These are all so different from everyone else. So many great shots from totally different angles. Bravo!! I hope you are getting some better sleep:)

• Hi Fran, it was great meeting you at the workshop and talking to you at dinner :).

-Vivian

• Jasmine* said:

Fran, it was so nice meeting you and I'm thrilled you walked away with such great imagery. Watch out Canada...Fran is back with an extra ounce of fabulousness! :)

• how'd you sneak in there and get all the straight on single portraits. you are STEALTH. It looks like you have a special soft box following you around. you are full of tricks. i think one of the best things about the workshop was hanging out with cool people... i think you're on that list... for sure you're on that list. i hope you are feeling well!!!

• Tina said:

I Third Meegan! Love your skies! Mine are always blown out =(.
    Love the dancing ones. I don't remember that?

It was nice to meet you chica!

• Those are so stunning. I love that B&W of the two of them (about in the middle) - but they all are wonderful shots. They must be very pleased.

• Angie B said:

Just stumbled upon your site... love your photography & lucky you getting a chance to work with Jasmine Star!

• Janna said:

I went to Jasmine's workshop last February and it was awesome. Don't you wish we had more workshop's here in Canada??