Engagement Shoot | Chad & Tamara | Destination Wedding Photographer

This is a bit of a long story about perserverance and never giving up on your dream…pull up a seat…get cozy…this is a good one!

A three year old little girl is starting dance class and couldn’t be more excited!   Until she is introduced to a little boy and becomes totally enamored.  She looks up at her mother and says…”I’m going to marry him one day”.

Years had passed and their paths didn’t really cross until grade 8.  This is when the real fixation began for her.  I have had the pleasure of knowing this lovely girl/woman her whole life and have been eye witness to some pretty funny obsessions.   They were both at the same dance studio and Tamara pretty much worshipped Chad…from a distance.  For some reason, she feared that she wouldn’t remember him, if for some strange reason, she couldn’t see him anymore…so she started a scrapbook ‘Everything Chad’…she started collecting all kinds of crazy things and everything he touched went into this book…gum wrappers, chip bags, a letter he once wrote her, a hair net, the cap from his ice tea, etc.  She never stopped dreaming she was going to be his wife!

Finally near the end of high school she found the courage to ask him to her prom…and wouldn’t you know it…he said “yes”!  They have been dating ever since and that was six and a half years ago.

Two weeks before Tamara moved away for Teacher’s college, her dream came true!  All of the families were sitting around after a golf tournament when Chad presented her with one of those Build a Bear’s wearing a Toronto Maples Leaf’s jersey.  Since Chad has always known about Tamara’s collection/stalking/fear … he said he wanted her to remember him while she was away at school and that the bear had a message for her…

“Hi Gorgeous…you mean the world to me…I love you…will you marry me?”

LOL!  you couldn’t get her to stop screaming or crying!  Talk about perserverance…It was amazing to be there with them and I couldn’t be happier for the both of them.  They are the sweetest couple.  Although they have a long history together…the love that exudes from this couple is unbelievable and doesn’t come around very often.  It was the easiest photoshoot I have ever done because they are always so tender with one another.  tc8 tc7

tc1

I love the feel of this photo!

I love the feel of this photo!

tc5

I love the heart tipped arrow pointing at Tamara...that was a total fluke!

I love the heart tipped arrow pointing at Tamara...that was a total fluke!

tc15

tc17

tc18

tc16

tc13

tc12

tc10

I can’t wait to photograph your wedding this July, it’s going to be a blast!  Lots of love to you both!! xo

couch … $10

gas … $15

carwash … $8

towtruck … $262.50

photos … PRICELESS

• Tifanie said:

HAHAHA I cant help but comment first on your last little blurb! I was an eye witness to the towtruck and cant stop laughing everytime i think about it.

AWESOME pictures! they turned out amazing .. the colours.. the emotions.. everything.. excellent job Zia. Love you!

ps. you couldnt have told their story any better!

• Anna-Lynn Zangrando said:

Excellent photos. Of course as proud parents, we shed a tear. But your are correct, priceless. Their story is a true love story. Funny as it sounds, but very true.

• Tamara said:

Frannie...Chad and I love love love the photos. They are so fantastic. You are amazing not only at your talent of taking beautiful photos but also with making our shoot such a fun and comfortable experience for two very camera shy people. Can't wait for the wedding! Love you tons xoxoxoxoxoxo

• Somer said:

Love everything about these photos-- colours are amazing!! Love this couple! xo

• Rose said:

I love the way you captured their tenderness! It didn't matter where you took the photo's- out grown corn fields, graffittied walls, old alley ways- all you see is their love. Now I know why you were so adamant about wanting couch photo's with Chad & Tamz - getting cozy is exactly that with these two love birds and their story will be cherished forever. You capture the memories with your photo shoots! Amazing yet again!

• Ellie said:

What wonderful pictures, like my sister, got teary eyed. The pictures are beautiful, just like Tamara and Chad.

• roxy muto said:

As a self appointed Nona to this couple. I have to admit that I am not fond of graffiti, but this wall looks like art.Lovely done.My absolutly favorite is the one with Tamara's hair blowing in her face & Chad's face beside her face.Lots of love was captured in these pictures.

• roxy muto said:

ps. I love them lovely couple.

• Lindsey said:

Awesome Fran! Wow. I just love these. Great color!!!

• Saman Jaffery said:

Frannie this photo shoot was amazing as well as the love this couple has for each other. You've captured their story so well in the photographs.

love
    Saman

• Jade said:

Great photos Fran! I love the vivid color. Photo 1 and 4 are my favorites.

• Great job Fran! I love the vibrant colors...and the green couch! Not to mention the emotion in the photos;)
    PS..Where in the world did you find a couch like that??!

• robinleskiw said:

love, captured in such a creative way. Love it

• Heather Jelly said:

AMAZING photos Fran.....I love them
    You really captured their love!!!!!

• Pingback : Chad & Tamara got married at Grand Olympia » Vancouver Weddings Family Portraits Commercial Photographer Photography